On November 15, 2022, IAJF marked 21 years of Investing in the Next Generation. Celebrating in the newly renovated David Geffen Hall, it was incredible to share the evening once again with over 1,100 supporters. We are proud that nearly half of our room was filled with members of our active Young Leadership Division, our next generation. It was a warm and exciting evening, with dignitaries, speakers, and local leaders joining our community to recognize IAJF’s work empowering those in need. Some of the evening’s highlights:
● IAJF gala emcee, Israeli Special Envoy for Combating Antisemitism Noa Tishby, related personally to IAJF’s efforts to advocate for Israel and fight anti-Semitism, and spoke movingly of what we have accomplished this year.
● With an Israeli soldier singing Hatikvah, our many projects in Israel highlighted, and Consul General of Israel in New York Asaf Zamir thanking IAJF for its work on behalf of the State and people of Israel, our deep connection to Israel was felt throughout the evening.
● Michael R. Pence, 48th Vice President of the United States, highlighted the shared values and goals underpinning the friendship between the United States and Israel. He spoke of his personal connection to the State of Israel and his pride in his role in strengthening U.S.-Israel relations during his time in office.
● IAJF President Steven Khadavi related very personally how IAJF's support of communities and institutions is a source of comfort and strength to those in need, and inspiration for the next generation. In a moving final note, he addressed the current movement sweeping through Iran, and led the packed room of Iranian community members in chanting "Zan, zendegee, azadee" in solidarity.
● Young Leadership Division President Stephanie Torkian Rahmanian inspired as she spoke of the investment that IAJF’s next generation is making in the futures of other young Jews. After two successful campaigns, our young leaders are now raising money in support of IDF soldiers, ensuring that more young leaders have the support they need to reach their full potential. IAJF raised $5 million in 2022 and we are grateful to the IAJF community for its support and generosity.